Junior Frood 2015 Winner for Sporting Achievement – Update on his busy & high profile last 12 months!!
Junior first started dancing at the age of 2. He suffered years of bullying for being a dancer and his self esteem and confidence were affected badly. Through his dancing Junior was able to overcome many obstacles in his life as it was a way of him expressing his feelings and it was for this reason that he received his Yorkshire Children of Courage Award.
The last 12 months have been a whirlwind of activity for Junior. He continues to attend his Pineapple Performing Arts Scholarship at the famous Pineapple Dance Studios and has performed at venues including London Olympia Arena, Royal Albert Hall, Royal Festival Hall, London Barbican, Ideal Homes Show.
- debut performance in the brand new West End musical ‘Stepping Out’ at the Vaudeville West End Theatre at the invitation of Britain’s Got Talent Amanda Holden
- performing with X Factor Semi-Finalist ‘Union J’ at Headingley Carnegie on a Leeds Rhino match day
- appearing on ITV This Morning to tell his story of his dancing achievements and how he overcame bullying
- appearing on BBC Breakfast, BBC School Report and CBBC Newsround to tell his story of how he overcame bullying due to his love of dancing
- joining the Leeds Rhinos official Spencer Properties Dance Team for this season. He is the only male dancer and the only dancer under the age of 18.
- being invited by X Factor Winner Sam Bailey to support her on her UK Tour.
- becoming an Anti-Bullying Ambassador on the National Youth Board for England
- being chosen out of 10,000 children to dance with Justin Bieber on his World Purpose Tour at Sheffield Arena.
- being invited to Downing Street by the Chancellor Phillip Hammond to congratulate him on his achievements in dancing, raising over £300,000 for charities and overcoming bullying.
- being awarded the Courageous Citizen Diana Award for his achievements in dancing, his charity work and for overcoming bullying.
Junior has also found time in his busy schedule to come and perform for us at out launch party on 11 May!
What a year!